The only thing I want from Demon!Dean this season is for him to finally admit that John was an abusive father. I don’t care what he does, that needs to happen!
That’ll never happen because, surprise…
Who the hell said abuse isn’t there! Abuse is everywhere, but it’s NOT in the Winchester family. Maybe you were raised in a home where the worst you got was being sent to your room, but for others, if you did something wrong, you get hit on the ass with a belt. That’s not abuse, that’s parenting.
You say he left him there to rot, yet when I look at that scene for season 9 episode 7, John DID leave them money for food, but Dean’s stupid ass lost the money in a poker game and was gonna steal food. He got busted and was sent to a boy’s home. You do the crime, you do the time. Plus at least he’d be safer in prison than out there.
And yeah hunting is more important. Because if he didn’t hunt, demons would go after his kids. duh!
- He did have a choice. Hunt, or let his kids get slaughtered by a demon at some point by leaving them out in the open and not somewhere heavily warded, far away from danger, etc.
- NO. IT. ISN’T.
- You say he’s an abuser, yet have no legitimate proof to show for.
- WHAT didn’t work out? You didn’t say what the fight was about
- His family was attacked by demons, his wife killed, a demons marked Sam for death, and if he doesn’t do what he needs to do not only is he dead, but so are his kids. However he also wanted to try and be a part of their lives for as little a time as he could. THAT is not an abuser. That’s you trying to make him out as one.Dean and Sam’s attitudes don’t reflect abuse at all. Dean’s an ass because he’s hunting demons everyday, and has constantly left people or seen them die through out the seasons, while Sam tries to keep a leveled head for both of them or they would be lost. THAT. ISN’T. FROM. ABUSE. Again, you’re making something out as bad when really it isn’t.
- Yeah, but which would be worse; exposing your only kids, who I might add, saw a demon kill their mother already before hunting which would traumatize them just as badly, to know how to hunt for special occasions, OR watch one be slaughtered to pieces, and dragged to the deepest corners of hell while the other be possessed by a demon and kill others including you? John did what needed to be done to insure his kids live.
I’m not twisting words though. I see it like it is, and what it is. But you seem to want to make John out as if everything he did was out of abuse, when really it was to protect his boys. That’s how it’s ALWAYS been. Nothing from abuse and nothing from hatred. If anyone’s twisting things here, it’s definitely you.
And that’s the problem; the fandom. You make quick assumptions without proper research. You’ve done it with John in trying to make him out as an abusive father, you’ve done it with Jensen calling him homophobic just because he doesn’t like Destiel, you’ve done it with Constantine in thinking John Constantine is copying Castiel’s look when its the other way around. I can name MANY examples.
I’m sorry that I live in a country where it’s illegal to hit children, even spanking them is illegal. So I’m sorry that according to my countries laws and my own believes of how I was raised tells me that John Winchester was an abuser for hitting (or “spanking”) his children.
We’re still talking about a time where all Dean ever heard from his dad was: “Watch out for Sammy. Protect him.” We’re not talking about a time where he did it for fun. Yes maybe Dean gambled away the money because he thought it was fun, but have you ever considered the idea that maybe he did it because that was all they had left and he needed more so he could buy enough food?
I’m not saying that everything he did was out of abuse. Even abusers are nice people now and then, and true he did a lot of it for his boys, but that still doesn’t change the fact that he both psychological traumatized them and mentally (and as I and many others believe even physically) abused Dean for all of his life.
And I don’t make quick assumptions without proper research, a lot of signs points towards John being an abuse father so that’s what I believe he is. Fun fact: I’ve never called Jensen a homophobe for not shipping Destiel, I respect that he doesn’t ship it (hell, I hate wincest but if anyone ships it I would still respect them because people are allowed to ship whatever they want.)
And about the Constantine thing I can’t actually argue against since I’ve never seen it and didn’t even know it existed until about 6 months ago.
Look man I respect you for fighting for your own cause, but I’m tired of it because we both strongly believe that we are right. We are not going to settle this – not ever – so we might as well go our separate ways and never “Talk” to each other again. It’s up to you, but know this, I will argue for my cause as long as you continue to argue for yours.